Cooking workshops for all ages
Children, teenagers and adults of all ages scour the market for seasonal fruit and vegetables.
Together, they learn how to prepare a healthy lunch.
The next step?
Enjoying it together.
That is KOOKMET.
Why Kookmet ?
To show people – anyone who wants to learn – how easy it is to cook a cheap but nonetheless healthy meal. And because cooking together is the ideal way to meet other people.
In a nutshell
An exciting meeting place. We install a long dining table with more than enough room, then invite passers-by to join us, even if it’s just for a short chat.
Get to know Brussels. The Abattoir is a unique historical location. If you don’t live in Brussels, this is a great place to get to know the city better. And if you are a local? Then it’s your chance to visit Kuregem and see how things work.
Great group dynamic. Writing shopping lists, making the purchases, washing fruit and vegetables, cooking, eating and cleaning up—we do it all as a group.
Multicultural environment. As everyone has a place at the table, there’s a cozy mix of nationalities.
Vegetarian meals. This way, everyone is welcome at the table, regardless of their beliefs or opinions.
Awesome fun for kids. If you come with your class or youth organization, your kids get the chance to learn more about healthy eating, sustainability, food waste and cooking. A few of them might even discover previously unknown talents!
Under the guidance of a chef. Our KOOKMET chefs first tell you everything about sustainability and seasonal food during a cozy workshop. Afterwards, they guide you through the chopping, slicing, stirring and mixing.
Who’s it for?
All groups are welcome: schools, companies, youth groups… And anyone else who’s interested in a delicious lunch.
- CLASSIC: Held on Friday making it great for schools. Take a tour through the market with your class, buy seasonal fruit and vegetables, then prepare a delicious three-course meal.
- RECUP: held on Monday, for schools. Join us in the fight against food waste with your class, and prepare a delicious menu in our Dreamkitchen using unsold fruits and vegetables trom the weekend market.
- PRO: Perfect for companies, these sessions are held on Monday or Friday. A class and a company group work together. You learn about sustainable food, get the facts on food waste, and speak with people from different countries and cultures.
- Feel free to drop by our DREAMKITCHEN. It’s an open-air restaurant where we prepare healthy lunches for anyone with a rumbling stomach. From Monday to Thursday 12 p.m. to 1.30 p.m.
- Dropping by on a Wednesday afternoon? You’ll find KETMET here between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. KETMET gives children the opportunity to really let themselves go, playing in the gigantic open space that is the Abattoir, with jam-packed toy boxes and encouraged by enthusiastic volunteer playworkers.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.