The largest covered playground in the city
Come to KETMET on Wednesday afternoon.
Your child(ren) will enjoy hours of playtime and fun with new friends and mobile toy boxes while enthusiastic volunteer playworkers keep an eye on them.
And you watch too, play with them, have a chat with other adults, or help to prepare tasty snacks.
Why Ketmet ?
In Brussels, there are not many places where you can safely allow your child to play, do some sport, discover the world, relax, or simply let themselves go.
That’s why there’s KETMET: a gigantic public space with enthusiastic volunteer playworkers and well-filled toy boxes. So that you, as a parent, are completely at ease while your child has an absolute blast!
In a nutshell
More than 10,000 m2 of open space. This means there’s room for all sorts of activities at the same time. And your child will always find something fun to do.
Plenty of room for groups. No matter how large they are.
A safe play area. The toy boxes are made specifically for children. And there are volunteer playworkers from the neighbourhood who show children how to play with them. Other parents are there too, of course. This way, as a parent, you’re more at ease.
Different activities every week to make sure your child is always excited and challenged. It’s all thanks to our partners, who add their own spin to things week after week.
Mobile toy boxes with a rich variety of materials. From footballs to colouring pencils and a boxing ball to a giant meccano kit.
The chance to get to know other people.
A fully covered play area. You stay dry if it rains and you—not the weather—decide when you’re finished.
For all ages. From toddlers and pre-schoolers to teenagers.
Inclusive: everyone is welcome.
Who’s it for?
Everyone. But you’ll find it even more fun as:
- a child (and as a parent);
- a young motivated volunteer who wants to learn more;
- a youth association/class/school/etc.
- Every Wednesday afternoon from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- From entry to toy boxes: everything is free.
- KETMET is like a park. Play for as long as you want, but remember that there’s no official supervision. In other words: the responsibility for a child remains with the group leader or with the parent.
- Reservations aren’t needed (but they are handy for us).
- Would you like to arrange a session with a group on a different day? Just let us know.
- Take a look at our DREAMKITCHEN. It’s the open-air restaurant where we prepare healthy vegetarian lunches for anyone who’s hungry. Cost? You contribute what you like. A nice bite to eat? Check!